Host/Hostess - Seaport Grille
Seaport Grille is seeking full time Host/Hostesses to join our team! Seaport Grille encourages and expects all associates to develop the skills necessary to provide exceptional service both in and outside of their primary department. It is necessary that associates have the ability to multi-task and deliver outstanding service outside of their primary responsibilities listed on their job description. This position is responsible for a warm and sincere greeting for guests upon arrival. The Host/Hostess will ensure that guests are seated in a timely manner, while evenly distributing tables throughout the dining room.
- Must have at least one (1) or more years of experience in a High-Volume Restaurant, with a combination of previous experience in Customer Service preferred.
- Must be available days, nights, and weekends.
- Meet and greet guests upon arrival, offering choice of seating and escort to the table with a presentation of the menu.
- Maintain proper set-up of dining room, including even distribution of tables for the team.
- Read, maintain and make entries into the logbook to communicate between shifts and with management.
- Communicate any large party requests or special arrangements to the Manager on Duty.
- Be thoroughly familiar with menu items and related materials.
- Ensure all menus are in pristine condition, free of stains.
- Answer the telephone and respond to guest inquiries in a warm, genuine tone.
- Communicate with the staff regarding special requests/needs of a guest, to include any guest allergies.
- Complete all listed open, side-work, and closing checklists, cleaning checklists, and duties related to shift.
- Close out and check out with manager once shift is complete.
- Assist team members as needed to promote a teamwork environment.
- Ability to stand for 8’ hours length of time.
- Ability to walk/stand approximately 90% of shift.
- Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs. on a regular and continuous basis.
- Must be available to work nights, weekends and holidays.
The Beauport Hospitality Group is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.